PackAssistant supports the planning of container filling with identical parts using 3D data sets (CAD). By taking the component geometries fully into account, even complex parts can be packaged in such a way that they take up as little space as possible.
PackAssistant saves time and reduces costs through
- Optimized container utilization
- the elimination of time-consuming packing attempts
- early transport, container and storage planning
- a significant support in the preparation of the offer
Benefit & added value
Optimal container filling saves time and money when it comes to transportation and storage capacity. That’s why experienced packaging planners sometimes fiddle around for a long time when packaging components with complex geometries – and still often achieve lower packing densities than the PackAssistant software.
PackAssistant greatly facilitates the packaging planning of components in the industry. The automated calculation of the best possible packaging on the computer makes fast, cost-effective and optimized container and logistics planning possible.
Functions / Packing types
Packaging instruction and 3D CAD output
PackAssistant provides the planner with meaningful 3D images as packaging instructions, thus creating an ideal basis for the creation of individual quotations. The customer receives a complete representation of his future components in the planned packaging structure. Until now, such visualized results were only possible through elaborate drawings or graphics.
The packing instructions can be output as a Microsoft Excel or Word document. The packaging instructions templates can be customized to meet the requirements of each company.
In addition, the results can be output as CAD data sets in the formats JT (*.jt), STEP (*.stp, *.step) and VRML (*.wrl). This enables an even more vivid presentation of the optimization results, which can be attached to the packaging instruction if required. With 3D viewer software, sections and views of the packing result can be generated in the process.
- 3D display / 3D result display
- 4-window view, as familiar from CAD applications.
- The packing direction is visualized by a bottom grid or an open container.
- Live adjustment of the bounding box and maximum bearing surface for easy manual creation of stable layers.
- Rotation works easily and no parts are hidden.
- Easily show and hide individual layers in the result.